The field station is situated in South East Greenland 20 km west of Tasiilaq – which with its 1900 inhabitants is the most populous town on the east coast. Transport to the station is by charter-helicopter, boat or on foot.
The station consists of a residential building and a depot building. The residential building has three bed- and workrooms with six beds, a kitchen and a living-room. The station was built in 1970, but in 1972 the main building was destroyed by an avalanche. It was later rebuilt at its present location closer to the shore.
The station is not permanently staffed, but during most of the summer researchers will be working here. For security reasons, it is required that at least two people are present at the station at the same time.